As predicted, the little town of Sibley, Iowa, rethought their attempt to censor a citizen website critical of the town.
The City of Sibley agreed to the following:
- Allow a Court Order (Injunction) blocking the city from making further legal threats;
- Provide training on the First Amendment for city staff;
- Issue a written apology to Josh;
- Cover $20,475 in ACLU-IA attorneys’ fees; and
- Pay $6,500 in damages to Josh.
ACLU Release: https://www.aclu-ia.org/en/news/censorshipstinks
Donate to the ACLU of Iowa: https://action.aclu.org/give/support-aclu-iowa
Josh Harms’ website: http://shouldyoumovetosibleyia.com/
Original Lawful Masses Video:
Stipulated Permanent Injunction against Sibley, IA: [pdf-embedder url=”http://lawfulmasses.com/wp-content/uploads/securepdfs/2018/04/harms_permanent_injunction.pdf”]
Original Complaint: [pdf-embedder url=”http://lawfulmasses.com/wp-content/uploads/securepdfs/2018/04/Harms-Complaint.pdf”]